Project Lead-Monitoring & Evaluation (Government Project), Aveti Learning
Bhubaneswar (with extensive travel to the Project location in Odisha)
Who are we? Aveti Learning is an innovative EdTech company focused on improving learning outcomes at scale using world-class content in vernacular languages and a smart digital platform to enable teachers and students. We collaborate with government schools in Odisha to promote digital content adoption and teacher capacity building. We have developed supplemental digital educational resources in the Odia language that includes lesson videos and interactive assessments according to the syllabus mandated by the Odisha School Board. Our world-class learning solution includes
1. World Class Content in Vernacular Language: Learning in vernacular language should be a choice and not a constraint, so, we have created interactive grade-appropriate digital content to supplement classroom teaching.
2. Smart Class Technology: Technology should be easy, powerful, yet affordable. So, we have created an intuitive 3 clicks learning management system that works for all teachers in most remote areas without the Internet.
3. Tools to Empower Teachers: Our teachers need support to keep them focused on the important task of Teaching. So, we built tools to do all the heavy lifting so that teachers can teach.
4. Learning App for Students: Learning should not just stop after school hours. So, we built a learning app to enable students to get much-needed extra help via the Aveti Learning app
5. Aveti X: Not all students get the opportunity to learn from the best teachers. So, we created AvetiX to provide a platform to connect the best educators to students online.
We currently impact close to 1000 schools, 10,000 teachers, and 200,000 students with a visible impact on learning.
Watch Bringing World Class Education to Forgotten Children of Rural India to know and visit
https://avetilearning.com/p/to know more about our work and team.
What is the role & responsibilities?
As Project Lead-Monitoring & Evaluation you will be a key member of our operating team entrusted with ‘farming’ existing relationships with education stakeholders in districts. Specific responsibilities would include –
- Work closely with district teams and support them in the implementation of e-learning programs toward achieving the desired impact.
- Observe the classroom and note the behavioral changes in the students and teachers because of using e-content in the classroom.
- Supporting school teachers & RPs with tools and methodology of Aveti for conducting student assessment.
- Develop case studies and write project impact reports.
- Regular and timely follow-up of project locations to provide support and track project progress.
- Capacity building of project stakeholders including teachers, students, and parents regarding adopting an e-learning program.
- Work closely with the Aveti Team to provide specialized support pertaining to the development, implementation, and analysis of the assessment and evaluation of students’ learning outcomes across initiatives.
Who are we looking for?
You will be a great fit for this role if you are highly driven & passionate to solve large-scale social issues in education. You would have to thrive in a dynamic startup environment that requires a high degree of personal ownership and the ability to roll-up sleeves to deliver results. Specifically, we are looking for:
TFI fellows with strong academic backgrounds from a reputed institute with a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (preferred) in social sciences, management, technology, etc.
2 – 4 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation roles, exposure to the education/EdTech/development sector will be preferred.
Excellent communication skills in English, Hindi, and Odia, as well as the capacity to travel around the state.
Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication skills in English, Hindi & Odia
Demonstrated ability to build & manage relationships with multiple stakeholders
A go-getter with exceptional drive, confidence, and ability to persist in the face of challenges. Yet with a truthful value system including transparency, honesty, and ethics. Ability to learn from mistakes, take feedback and grow professionally.
What do we offer?
The range for salary is 30,000 to 40,000 per month; however, we are flexible for deserving candidates. We are a small but growing team and there is enormous room for personal and professional growth in the organization including increased roles & responsibilities, exposure to skill development &
mentoring opportunities and inclusion in management decision-making
Apply with a 1-2 para cover letter and attach a 1–2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org