Business Development and Government Relationships Manager, Aveti Learning
Bhubaneswar (with extensive travel to all districts in Odisha)
Who are we? Aveti Learning is an innovative EdTech company focused on improving learning outcomes at scale using world-class content in vernacular languages and a smart digital platform to enable teachers and students. We collaborate with government schools in Odisha to promote digital content adoption and teacher capacity building. We have developed supplemental digital educational resources in the Odia language that includes lesson videos and interactive assessments according to the syllabus mandated by the Odisha School Board. Our world-class learning solution includes
1. World Class Content in Vernacular Language: Learning in vernacular language should be a choice and not a constraint, so, we have created interactive grade-appropriate digital content to supplement classroom teaching.
2. Smart Class Technology: Technology should be easy, powerful, yet affordable. So, we have created an intuitive 3 clicks learning management system that works for all teachers in most remote areas without the Internet.
3. Tools to Empower Teachers: Our teachers need support to keep them focused on the important task of Teaching. So, we built tools to do all the heavy lifting so that teachers can teach.
4. Learning App for Students: Learning should not just stop after school hours. So, we built a learning app to enable students to get much-needed extra help via the Aveti Learning app
5. Aveti X: Not all students get the opportunity to learn from the best teachers. So, we created AvetiX to provide a platform to connect the best educators to students online.
We currently impact close to 1000 schools, 10,000 teachers, and 200,000 students with a visible impact on learning.
Watch Bringing World Class Education to Forgotten Children of Rural India to know and visit
https://avetilearning.com/p/to know more about our work and team.
What is the role & responsibilities?
As Business Development and Government Relationships Manager, you will be a key member of our operating team entrusted with ‘hunting’ new revenue opportunities and ‘farming’ existing relationships with state governments, corporate sponsors, and channel partners. You will manage a team of business development associates and collaborate closely with our operations team. Specific responsibilities would include –
- Owning and delivering new revenue and cash goals for “hunting” new business opportunities including sourcing leads, pitching to key stakeholders, drafting proposals, contract negotiations, and cash collection
- Owning and delivering retention and upgrade goals for ‘farming’ existing business opportunities including managing existing clients, resolving service issues in coordination with the operations team, ensuring contract renewals, and pitching service upgrades
- Managing sales pipeline, process, and team including managing a CRM database of business opportunities, and actively managing sales pipeline to prioritize opportunities. Manage the team by setting weekly-monthly-quarterly goals, defining pre-sales activities, ongoing training, and coaching on the field.
- Nurturing key business relationships by developing a strong presence for Aveti as a ‘preferred knowledge partner’ for senior officials in the state and district administration, critical influencers in the education system, potential corporate & philanthropic donors, and channel sales partners.
Who are we looking for?
You will be a great fit for this role if you are a highly driven and result-oriented sales professional in generating multi-crore INR revenues for an education, IT, or services business from government, CSR, or B2B contracts. You would have to thrive in a dynamic startup environment that requires a high degree of personal ownership and the ability to roll-up sleeves to deliver results. Specifically, we are looking for:
- Education & Work Experience: Bachelor or MBA degree from a reputed institute with 5-8 years of solid sales experience in Government contracting and/or B2B IT, consulting services at a reputed corporate or startup venture
- Business Skills: Strong sales acumen including strong verbal & written communication, negotiation & deal closure ability, and contract management know-how. Consistent track record of delivering sales targets in INR 5-10 Cr scale. Strong client relationship-building skills with senior, mid, and frontline government stakeholders. Ability to manage, train and motivate a 5-10 member sales team
- Mindset and Values: Go-getter with exceptional drive, confidence, and ability to persist in the face of challenges. Yet with a truthful value system including transparency, honesty, and ethics. Ability to learn from mistakes, take feedback and grow professionally.
What do we offer?
Aveti offers a competitive compensation program that includes a fixed salary, and generous performance-linked incentives. We are a small but growing team and there is enormous room for personal and professional growth in the organization including increased roles & responsibilities, exposure to skill development & mentoring opportunities, and inclusion in management decision-making
Apply with a 1-2 para cover letter and attach a 1–2-page CV to [email protected]